Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kyosho Release #39 - Ferrari Series 7


The next series of Kyosho will be released on December 22, 2009, a few days before Christmas. Every Christmas, I attend midnight mass at church and sing gosphels. This year will be different because I will be busy opening carton boxes and checking contents of model cars.

I have put in purchase order in Japan but it is the beginning of my challenges. Due to the qc issues in the previous series, I elect not to presale the Ferrari cars but sell them only after the physical items are inspected. However, Ferrari diecasts are unassembled in brand new condition, I don't have a bullet-proof plan to qc all of them. In the past, I made sure the chassis matched the inscription on the base and the interior fitted on the chassis. Now, buyers expect rigourous inspection from their sellers and it is my primary concern. What if the driver seats are too big or small to fit the holes? What if the unassembled set is consisted of all front/rear wheels? Do I assemble all of them for the sake of inspection? This process consumes a lot of manpower and man hours, my helpers may not willing to work overtime in Holiday Season. Kyosho, Kyosho, you give me a real challenge to solve in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment